Monday 9 July 2012

Drunk on a plane? really?

I read today about how a south african MP got drunk and tried to open an aeroplane door in mid flight.I laughed my ass off! I was surprised at how so many people made such a big deal over it,he got drunk and acted a fool, we all have at some point,right? I get that we say we should hold "leaders" to a higher standard,but why? Shouldn't we ALL be held to the same standard? He got drunk.He wasn't caught fuckin his secretary, stealing government funds or abusing his power as an MP. His mistake was, well, laughable. It was funny and probably very embarrassing for him. That embarrassment should be enough, right? I really hope we don't get one of those fake "I have a drinking problem" press releases or fake apology. He doesn't have to apologise to anyone but his fellow passengers and his family for acting a fool, he doesn't owe EVERYONE an apology. A lot of us have gotten drunk and done even worse shit than try to open an aeroplane door in mid flight. So we should laugh about it and be thankful nobody got hurt. We should NOT crucify the man or expect him to quit his job over something as common and dumb as gettin too drunk on a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment